Please note that by using this Site and our Platform, you represent and warrant to us that you are at least 18 years old; and you are permitted under the applicable rules, regulations, statutes, agency or court decisions or other acts of government (“Laws”) to access this Site and our platform.
Information You Submit or We Collect on Your Behalf.
Information You Provide to Us:
We collect information from you when you:
- Enter information on our Services, such as when you request an appointment from a healthcare provider, or you send your doctors a secure message through our patient portal, or complete a form;
- Upload a document, image, or other data file on our Services;
- Contact us; or
- Make a customer service request.
We also collect information on your or your doctor's behalf, during appointment booking, patient forms filling or when your healthcare provider updates your health information that you may access through your patient account.
- DocHelp does not collect information from children under the age of 13 in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) as discussed below. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child, you may, in compliance with the Terms, use the Services on behalf of your minor child. Any information that you provide us while using the Services on behalf of your minor child will be treated as Personal Information as otherwise provided herein.
- Public Information.
- If you choose to use some features of the Site and our platform, you may be asked to select a user name and/or image to represent you on the Site and our platform. Unless you indicate otherwise, the user name and/or image will be visible to all other users (including guest users) and to us.
- You may also be asked to leave feedback about the Site and our platform, the Services, and/or the Providers for their services, including but not limited to suggestions, comments, ideas or other information, provided by you in the form of email or other modes of submissions (collectively, “Feedback”). You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback is non-confidential and DocHelp may use your Feedback for any purpose under the DocHelp Terms.
- We will collect and store your user name and Feedback; however, we strongly encourage you not to include any Personal Information in your user name or Feedback.By default your name will be displayed with the feedback provided, however you have option to hide your name for the feedback if you choose to be anonymous.
- Information from Providers
Information You Provide to Other Users
You may choose to disclose information about yourself in information provided to DocHelp or the Site and our platform, in your Feedback, or in our on-line chat rooms or other multi-user communication functions available on the Site and our platform. We strongly encourage you not to disclose Personal Information about yourself. We will collect and store all information submitted to DocHelp or the Site and our platform, including all chats, podcasts and similar interactions between and among users, as well as any information contained in those interactions.
Information Collected Automatically:
- We and our partners automatically gather information whenever you visit, log in, or otherwise interact with our Services, including when you receive emails, notifications, messages, text messages delivered via our Platform and Services. We and our partners use the technologies described below and similar technologies that may not be expressly described (which we collectively call "Engagement Tools") to gather this information to enhance and operate our Services in a number of ways, such as to:
- Save user preferences and information;
- Preserve session settings and activity;
- Authenticate users;
- Enable support and security features;
- Tailor the delivery of informational messages; and
- Analyze the performance and use of our Services and its various features and content.
- Even if you do not register with us or submit any information on our Services, our Engagement Tools will automatically receive information about, and the software running on, the computer, mobile phone, or tablet (each, a "Device") you use to interact with our Services.
- Device Information: When you interact with our Services, we collect information about your Device such as the URL of services your Device is requesting and the referring web pages, your IP address, Device type, DeviceID, Phone Number, operating system, browser type, application identifier, and, under certain circumstances, the location information your Device sends to us.
- Cookies & Similar Technologies: We and our partners collect information about you and your Devices through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. A "cookie" is a small data file sent from a website and stored on your Device to identify your Device in the future and allow for an enhanced personalized user experience based on your previous activity on the website. A "session cookie" disappears after you close your web browser, or may expire after a fixed period of time. A "persistent cookie" remains after you close your web browser and may be accessed every time you use our Services. We and our partners may use both session and persistent cookies on our Services. You should consult your web browser to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may not be able to use certain features of our Services.
Some of our partners deploy these technologies directly on our Services. These third parties may collect information over time about your use of our Services, as well as your online activities across other websites or online services. Some third parties may allow you to opt-out of targeted advertising based on this information. You can find more information about these opt-outs from the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
- You can always set your browser’s privacy settings to reject cookies, which will prevent those cookies from collecting the information described above. However, certain features of the Site and our platform may not be available to you or may not function correctly if you do not accept cookies.
Social Media Integration:
We may provide you the opportunity to connect your user profile or account with other social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest and other social media accounts and web properties. As discussed more completely below, we do not have any control over any third-party’s use of your Personal Information or any other information you may make available on those platforms, so please be sure to read the applicable Privacy Policies carefully to determine whether you want to connect.
If your healthcare provider uses our cloud-based electronic health record and practice management solution pursuant to our “Healthcare Provider User Agreement”, your provider is subject to laws and regulations governing the use and disclosure of health information it creates or receives, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended from time to time, together with the regulations adopted thereunder ("HIPAA"). When we store, process or transmit "individually identifiable health information" (as defined by HIPAA) on behalf of a healthcare provider who has entered into a“Healthcare Provider User Agreement”, we do so as its "business associate" (as also defined by HIPAA). Under this agreement, we cannot use or disclose individually identifiable health information in a way that the provider itself may not. We are also required to, among other things, apply reasonable and appropriate measures to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the individually identifiable health information we store and process on behalf of such providers. For the purpose of this Policy, the term "healthcare provider" means any user who is a "health care provider" (as defined by HIPAA) or any user who is a member of such health care provider's "workforce" (as also defined by HIPAA). For additional information regarding our business associate obligations, please see Sections 4.1.8 and 9 of our“Healthcare Provider User Agreement”.
Privacy and Protection of Children and Legal Minors
We take protection of the privacy of legal minors very, very seriously. In order to adhere to COPPA, neither the Site and our platform nor the Services are directed at children, and DocHelp will not knowingly collect any Personal Information from individuals under 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from an individual under 13 we will immediately remove such Personal Information from the Site and our platform and our systems.
How We Use Information and When We Disclose It
- Provide the features, products or services you have requested on the Site and our platform, including recommending Providers, responding to your requests and emails, and submitting your questions for response by Providers or other users;
- Communicate with you, including sending emails and newsletters or requesting feedback or input about how we are doing and your experience using our Site and platform;
- Improve the quality and design of the Site and our platform and to create new features, promotions, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends;
- Combine the information you provide via the Site and our platform with information we have collected from you on our platform properties and in other forms, such as through emails or offline, or with publicly available information or information we obtain from third parties; and
- Responding to questions and communications, or obtaining your feedback about our Services;
- Delivering customized recommendations and reminders for appointments and other aspects based on the information we have on your profile;
- Providing you with more relevant content, including medical-related information your healthcare provider may share with you through the Services;
- Analyzing usage trends and patterns and measuring the effectiveness of the Services and its features;
- Comply with applicable Laws, including document retention or record-keeping Laws and as necessary for us to maintain our records in the normal course of business. This may include electronic or paper records, including the creation and maintenance of archival copies of electronic data or back-up media or servers.
- Safeguarding and protecting our Services, the information we collect, and the rights of us, our users or third parties, and in response to legal process;
- Any other purpose described in this Policy or your User Agreement; or
- When we otherwise have your permission.
- Disclosure of Personal Information. We may disclose your Personal Information and any other information we collect about you:
- When you choose to share such information through our Services, such as "one-on-one" communications between a healthcare provider and a patient;
- With third party service providers that have agreed to confidentiality obligations, which may include, as applicable, business associate contract obligations;
- To protect our Services, the information we collect, and the rights of us, our users, and any third parties;
- To detect, prevent, investigate, or address fraud, illegal activity, or violations of our terms and agreements;
- In response to legal process, such as a search warrant, court order, or subpoena, or when we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so;
- With our current and future subsidiaries or corporate affiliates or actual or potential investors;
- In connection with a potential or actual sale, merger, transfer, exchange, reorganization or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by our Services. If such a transaction occurs, the acquiring company's use of your information will remain subject to this Policy, as may be subsequently amended;
- Any other purposes described in this Policy or your User Agreement; or
- When we otherwise have your permission.
- Other Disclosures of Personal Information to Third-Parties. As you can see, we will never sell, transfer or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any third-parties for their own commercial, marketing or promotional purposes without additional communication. If we intend to collect and disclose Personal Information for such purposes, including if certain features on the Site and our platform require such disclosure of your Personal Information, we will notify you first, such as on the Site and our platform at the time we collect the Personal Information.
- Disclosure of Non-Personal Information or Anonymous/Aggregated Information. We may disclose to third parties certain aggregate information contained in your user profile or account or other aggregated, anonymous information (such as that collected automatically) as we deem appropriate for our internal business purposes, including improving the Site and our platform and adding or modifying features.
- If you want to review, delete, or modify any of your Personal Information, or if you want to stop receiving promotional or commercial communications from us, you may do so by contacting us at privacy@DocHelp.com. Please be sure to clearly indicate your contact and data privacy preferences. Also, please include the e-mail address you used with the Site and our platform and/or provided the information to help us verify your request.
- In addition, each of our e-mail messages contains a link or instructions at the bottom of the e-mail for the purpose of adjusting your e-mail subscription preferences. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please follow the instructions in any e-mail you receive to be removed from our e-mailing list. Please allow 10 days for us to process your request;
- You may notify us about your preferences at any time by email. Your request will remain in effect until you notify us otherwise. Please understand that you may continue to receive marketing offers directly from other companies that were already in production prior to the processing of your request.
- Please be aware that we reserve the right to verify the identity of any person making an opt-out or correct/update request; provided that we shall have no liability whatsoever resulting from false or erroneous requests.
How our Services Allow Users to Share Information:
Our Services can be used to facilitate one-on-one communications between users and other persons. Some examples of many features offered include:
- When you request to make an appointment with your healthcare provider;
- When your healthcare provider sends you a secure message to your patient portal; or
- When your provider sends you an appointment confirmation or cancellation notice.
- When you request wait time from your healthcare provider
- When your healthcare provider responds to your wait time find request
- When you request endorsement of health records like vaccination etc.,
- When your health care provider responds to your health record endorsement request
- When you ask question to other users and/or to healthcare providers
- When receive answers from other users and/or providers for your questions
In any one-on-one communication, the communication may include contact and other personally identifiable information and in some cases user have option to be anonymous. You need to carefully review each feature that you use to identify weather if allows you to hide/anonymize your name and other information or not and if you want to be anonymous then you should not use the feature/functionality that does not allow you to be anonymous.
The Services include a public directory of healthcare professionals, one or more of which you may desire to book an appointment with. If you visit our Services seeking to contact or schedule an appointment with a provider listed in one of our directories, you may need to submit personally identifiable and other information.
You understand that our Call center operation personnel may uses your appointment request information to contact the Providers on your behalf and facilitate appointment booking for you when providers are not actively subscribed to DocHelp platform.
Our Services include public forums that allow users to communicate with groups of users or the general public. Information a user posts in one of our communities may be available to a wide range of individuals, and should be presumed public. We strongly advise users to exercise care in selecting what information they share with our communities or public forums, and strongly recommend against sharing any personally identifiable, health, or other sensitive information that could directly or indirectly be traced to any individual, including themselves.
Surveys and Feedback:
From time to time you may receive survey requests through emails or displays within our Services that request feedback regarding your satisfaction with our Services or the services of our healthcare provider users, or other topics. These communications will frequently be either on behalf of your healthcare provider or us, as your healthcare provider's business associate. If you choose to respond to one of these survey requests, you may be asked to provide information that may be used to supplement information that you submitted to our Services. This information may be shared with your healthcare provider or you may otherwise be informed within the survey request itself.
Our Services allow users to store personally identifiable and health information ("Records"), including Records that identify other individuals, such as your doctor or a relative. Certain of our Services permit users to share all or portions of these Records at their discretion.
You should be aware that this Policy covers only the information you submit through our Services. If you contact or exchange information with another user in person or through a means other than our Services, such activity is not covered by this Policy. Because our Services enable users to share information you share with them, you should take care in selecting with whom you share your Records and other information. Although our Services process such transmissions, we are not responsible for the actions of persons with whom you share your Records and other information.
Emails and Other Communications:
Our Services allow users to communicate with others through our in-product instant messaging services, Service-branded emails, and other electronic communication channels. Communications that are sent by or on behalf of a user are indicated as being "From" that user, such as when our Services send an appointment notification from, and on behalf of, a healthcare provider to his or her patient. Additionally, we may communicate administrative or Service-related announcements through email or other communications within our Services. These communications may be "real time" communications or communications triggered automatically upon the occurrence of certain events or dates – such as a repeated sign-in failure or an appointment notification. Please note that you may not be able to opt out of receiving certain messages from us.
Do Not Track Technology
DOCHELP will obey Do Not Track signals as required by law.
Links and Third Party Ads
To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and protect against the inappropriate use of the information we collect, store, and transmit, we deploy a range of technical, physical and administrative safeguards. We use reasonable technological and procedural measures to protect the Personal Information you provide. We take protection of your Personal Information seriously and apply reasonable and appropriate measures to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of individually identifiable health information residing on, and processed by, those elements of our Services that we operate as a business associate on behalf of healthcare providers. It is important to remember, however, that no system can guarantee 100% security at all times. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information stored on or transmitted to or from our Services. You agree that DocHelp shall have no liability whatsoever in connection with such lost or intercepted data. To learn more about how to protect yourself online, we encourage you to visit the website www.onguardonline.gov.
Third Party Services
This Policy applies only to our Services. It does not apply to services offered by third parties, including websites and other online services that our Services may display links to or to content appearing within the Services. When you click on such links or content, you may be visiting websites or interactive services operated by third parties, who have their own information collection practices and may also collect information through the use of Engagement Tools. We do not have control over how any third party collects or uses information, so you should review their privacy policies to learn of their practices.
Transfer of Personal Information Across Jurisdictional Boundaries
Disclaimers, Liability and Indemnity
We believe in continuous innovation, which, along with changes in our business, may require that we amend this Policy from time to time. We will post a revised Policy along with its effective date on this page. Because this Policy can change at any time, we encourage you to reread it periodically to see if there have been any changes, amendments, or updates. If you object to the changes or any terms within this Policy or the User Agreements, you should discontinue using our Services. Your continued use of our Services following the effective date means that you have consented to the Policy, as amended, changed, or updated. If you have any questions or concerns after reading this, please email us at: privacy@DocHelp.com
If you have questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at:
Attention: Privacy, DocHelp
4042 148th AVE NE
Redmond, WA 98052